Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Little Chef

Anyone who knows me knows that I don't cook dinner. Sometimes I cook breakfast, but that's more fun. It's still a rare thing.

Steven and/or I usually get home pretty late so we fend for ourselves. I haven't found where it's cost effective to make food at home. If I had a big family, I could see it.


I buy food then it goes bad before I have a free evening to cook it or once we eat it once, it sits in the fridge and the left overs get looked over.


Enough about me. Danielle is a good cook and had the idea that we should cook food for the missionaries in our area. We have 6, so we made 3 sets of each: meatloaf, greenbean caserole, mashed potatoes, rolls, and brownies. We did this as a service project for the girls youth group that we're over. I had fun learning how easy it is to make this yummy food. Dylan was so cute sprinkling the Frenchy's Onions on the tops of the green beans. He's observant and wanted to help. He didn't even know they were edible until the end when I put one in his mouth.


So this was Dylan's 1st service project.


I made the same dinner last night for Steven. It cost more than going out to eat would have b/c I don't have any ingredients on hand and didn't even have a bread pan. It was good practice I guess. I wish we had invited someone over to eat with us, but we don't have a dining room table still, and I didn't know if it would be tasty enough to share or not. Next time maybe.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Very cute!! How did Steven like it?

Tiffany Feger said...

Steven liked it and even packed himself a lunch for the next day!