Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Late Morning Stroll



We got off to a late start on our morning walk. It was already almost lunch time. I decided to leave the stroller at home since the park isn't far away. I SHOULD have walked outside and realized that it was over 90 degrees outside. That one cool evening tricked me. Malia and I had jeans on!


Walking there wouldn't have been a problem if we hadn't stopped to smell the roses AND watch every kitty cat dissapear and every grass hopper jump away AND every truck pass by. We also had some potential kodak moments I had to capture. Our faces were red and our heads were sweaty. I just wanted to play with sidewalk chalk in the shade.

Dylan is pointing out a truck.



Malia found a grasshopper


Look how far behind they are. I waited in the shade. Dylan is pointing out some bug to Malia. We stopped to play catch. Malia actually side stepped to get closer to Dylan for this picture.

THIS is what we came for? Happy to be in the shade and sitting down

Blowing kisses goodbye


I felt so bad on the way back when the babies were tired and hungry. They kept saying "up, up, up." Malia was crying b/c she was so tired of walking. I picked them both up and carried them on either side of my big tummy for a little over a block. My arms would have given out if I had tried it any longer. I'm not as strong as I think I am. We held hands the rest of the way home so that I could hold them up.
I didn't know if I should feed the sweaty babies first or bathe them first. So I did both. I gave them bites of food in their bubble bath. They gladly went right to sleep after I wore them out. I did too!

1 comment:

The McKays said...

I love these sweet pictures! And I love every detail of the story. I feel like I was right there going on the walk with you guys! My arms even felt tired toward the end of the post.