Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving

I thought about doing the 10K Turkey Trot but Steven wanted to go and take the kids, so we did the 5K where strollers are welcome. We didn't know that most people just walk that one. We still wanted to run, but there were TONS of people in front of, to the right of, to the left of, and behind us.
So we enjoyed the morning stroll.
I saw my brother who ran in the first 5K (where people really run). His wrestling coach had them practice Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, then they had to do the 5K run on Thanksgiving, then the kicker was that they all had to make weight the day after for their Friday tournament! No break for them.
Well, here I walked around the corner to find him taking a sweet little break. The adults were all still talking around the Thanksgiving tables eating some more of the tons of pies my grandma made. Jonathan just ate some grapes and olives. He didn't even make a plate of anything. Wrestling is stupid if you ask me. My boys will NOT wrestle like their uncles. Jonathan's coach even said that he is only like 5'8" so he is still aloud to make a lower weight class. The only thing it's good for is self control. Then again, maybe I should have wrestled in high school:)

My mom hosted her family, Steven's side of our family, and some other friends. I didn't get many photos b/c I was enjoying everything. She had us attempt to fill out a trivia sheet on the first Thanksgiving. The person who got the most correct answers got to eat first. My grandma Rebeck and Don's mom, Nana, tied. They're older and wiser!
I'm thankful for so many things, but mostly I'm thankful for so many people this year. Really, I am so blessed.

No comments: