Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Send Me Christmas Cards!

Isaac will give you a Fishy Face kiss if you send us cards to open!

The first Christmas card I got was from my chiropractor. Pretty cool, and my neck IS killing me today so I should make a phone call. Anyway, I love December's mail box surprises, but I'm worried that with the recession and people cutting back, that I'll just get a bunch of texts or email or FB Christmas wishes instead of the cards (I'd understand though). I especially love the photo cards (and not just pets or kids I haven't met like I did last year) I like to see my friends' faces too! It's true that with email, there's not the need for the annual correspondence, but I love it. It's tradition! We're cutting back this year by using post card stamps. It won't cost much at all. I can't wait 'til Steven wins some class action law suit, then I'll probably send out 8x10s of my kids to you as our portraits, and I'll fly in my favorite photographer for the shoot.

I've never done a newsletter before, and don't always read the ones I do get. I keep up with my blog, so the people who know me, know about that. And Steven and I don't have any news to report this year. Neither of us graduated this year. We're at the same jobs. The kids didn't start new schools. No more kids this year, I'm not even pregnant. We got our house last year, so that's not new. I have a different calling at church, but that's nothing to write about, especially since I already send Christmas cards to my Jewish friends. I don't want to push it. I haven't started a photography business yet. The only new thing for 2009 was Steven's grill. We have gotten a lot of use out of that and the picnic tables we got this year. So no need for a note from us.

Oh, and Isaac isn't even potty trained. Steven told me I shouldn't push it on Thanksgiving b/c it stresses me out so much and Thanksgiving is a holiday to be enjoyed. He did so well for a long time, but Wednesday wasn't a good day. Then Steven steam cleaned the carpets on Friday, so I'll wait for another boost of energy before attempting to train my stubborn little boy again.

Anyway, send me your addresses, and I'll send you mine. My email is my name @ yahoo.

Here's something new. I gave Isaac a hair cut.

Before:

After:Those bangs are bothering me in this picture. I didn't cut right across his forehead, I pulled the hair up, but now I see it's like a line. I need to cut into it more. I tried leaving it a little shaggy, but maybe I should cut it away from his ears a little more. I like him with longer hair, but it was getting in his eyes, so something had to be done. So what should I have done? left it? taken him to a pro?

3 comments:

Lacey McKay said...

You've never met Madison. Does that mean you don't want photos of her? Ha! Just kidding. I was just wondering what you meant by that? Who is sending you cards with photos of kids you've never met? I did get one card last year and had NO clue who the people were. I think they were from Brian's work maybe?

I think you should go shorter with Isaac's hair. Either leave it shaggy (as it was before) or go shorter. It looks like it's in between right now. Like it was cut short, but it's growing out and needs to be cut again. Like you said, just trim around the ears and take it shorter on the bangs. Do you cut Dylan's yourself? If so, then you could do it yourself. If not, then take him in.

LOVE the new header btw!

Lacey McKay said...

Oh, and I love to receive cards too! I'm going to be really ticked if all I get is FB messages! It's okay for birthdays, but Christmas? Come on people!

Tiffany Feger said...

ok, I'll trim it up. Nobody gives me feedback around here, they just say "oh, he got a hari cut."

I love your header too. I told Corrie about it today, in fact. I'd love to get the kids their own tree. Not pink though:)

And I'd love to see pictures of your kids. It's the pets w/ no mention of my friend that I haven't heard from or seen in years. I feel the envelope, and know it's a photo card, then I don't recognize the dog. I just sent pictures of my kids last year, so I do it too sometimes.

And I do understand, but that's my little secret wish - that I get fun surprises in my mailbox every day in December!