Friday, December 11, 2009

Isaac, my little handful

I hear/see Isaac singing
"Ha BIRD you, YAY!!"

and "no-why no-my uh uh beee"

And "I uh OOOOOOO, Oooo uh EEEEEEEE"

Can you name his 3 songs?

He's naming superheros, "ma MAN, I MAN, huk, . . ."

I was going to sit down to my computer to be productive while he and Dylan take a nap, but it's too entertaining to watch him on the little monitor.

Now he's counting "one twoooo freeee, one two weee, one we, one two freee, one two"

I may as well say a little about the little man. He's sweet and cute, but is also such a handful. He can bother Dylan and Noah so much. He pulls chairs over to the counter to try to get up to the marshmallows.

He can feed himself all the way, and his favorite foods are Yo Baby yoghurt and marshmallows. He likes oranges, bananas, and even ruben caserole! He likes shoes. He has been holding onto a hotwheels little motorcycle morning, noon, night, then when he wakes up it's still there. He likes to play independently some, but also seems to need my attention. He will climb over his railing to plop himself in bed when he's ready to either jump in there, or if I give him enough notice so it's not a surprise that it's time to go to bed.

He loves to run. He learned how to side-step/hop. It's almost like he's skipping along sideways and is so cute and silly looking.

Have I mentioned before how I used to think that moms were almost heartless when they would talk about loving nap time for the kids so they could have some of their own "me time?" Well, now that's me. It's not selfish at all, on the contrary really. I play ring around the rosie, duck duck goose, Sorry, books, jumping jacks, running, swinging, coloring, ABSeas fishing, etc when they're awake, but then I get to lounge at my computer or clean up the messes when they nap. I don't want to ignore them when they're awake, but the house won't clean itself, slide shows won't create themselves, Christmas cards won't address themselves, dishes pile up, photos stay stuck inside my cameras, projects don't sew/glue themselves together, so all that magic happens at nap time. Although, sometimes I have to admit, I too LOVE naps for myself, so if I get a nap, then the magic happens at the midnight hours. I love my little kids, and know that I need to give them lots of good attention so they won't go do something to get put in time out. The other day I was wondering if Isaac was doing that b/c he knows I have to sit accross from him when he's in time out to make sure he folds his arms and stays put. He always gives me a big hug after time out too. The next day, he was a little angel, and even took a 2 hr nap at the same time as Noah! I was giving them lots of good attention that day. Now I'm thinking that Isaac just wasn't feeling well on that bad day. I wasn't either, so maybe my patience wasn't what it should be for a little 21 month old.

Shhhh! He's asleep now.

2 comments:

Kat Gille said...

I love it! He's singing "Happy birthday to you!" "Now I know my ABCs," and "I love you, you love me," right? I LOVE the way you write out what he's actually saying rather than telling us what he SHOULD be saying. I can almost hear him singing! :)

Tiffany Feger said...

Yep, you guessed it, Kat. Sorry, I didn't see this comment, I don't think it showed up in my email.