Monday, July 16, 2007

Independence Day

I had just gotten back from the family reunion then worked every day that week except for Wednesday - the 4th of July. I was still feeling yucky and so tired and overwhelmed b/c I hadn't unpacked yet and had gifts to buy etc. I wanted to go to the beach to get some fun pictures of the holiday w/ the Crews b/c it's Darren's favorite holiday BUT I stayed in. I cleaned up some and unpacked then took my sweet baby over to Malia's grandparent's house. They were so excited to spend the day w/ them that they didn't even want the babies to nap. Dylan did, but I'm not sure if Malia ever did.
Anyway, it was a rainy afternoon, so I left Dylan over there to play. Steven ironically wore his "World's Greatest Dad" Tshirt even though we abandoned our child for the holiday. We had fun at Andre's b/c his huge covered deck and tiki bar were leak proof! We had a party w/ about 50 people. More didn't go b/c of the bad weather.
See Dylan in the pool w/ Luiz?
I got Dylan after the storms passed so he could go for a swim and see sparklers. He wanted to touch it. After it stopped sparking, he reached out to grab the burnt metal stick. Now I really was the world's worst mother. He cried and I know it must have hurt so bad. It didn't leave any mark at all - luckily! Baby skin is forgiving I guess. I had him hold some ice for a while.
I'm so sorry, baby:( I said yes, the sparkler is still HOT

No comments: