Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

27 isn't any special age to turn and I didn't have anything special planned this year for my special day. It was on a Saturday which is probably the best day to have a birthday, but I had a CPR class at work all morning. Steven told me that Andre had scheduled a walk through w/ a realtor that day and we had both been cleaning and painting and getting new carpet and packing clutter away etc in preparation. I got sick possibly from the paint fumes then felt especially sick on Saturday morning. I was really late to the CPR class b/c I was still cleaning some clutter and I was feeling so sick that I was dreading going. I had to drag poor Dylan along to the class and we just sat there trying to keep our heads up the whole morning.

My boss was nice to get me a cake but I was not in any mood to eat it. Dylan and I shared some bites of a slice. We were supposed to go to a birthday lunch but I cancelled b/c I was so worn out. I went home to sleep. I was dissapointed to find out that the realtor hadn't come yet but Steven said I still had time for a nap. I crashed and didn't answer my phone when a couple people called. I was rudely awakened by loud banging on the door. I knew that meant that the first knocks had been normal ones but the knocker was persistant. Figuring it was the realtor, I wiped the sleep out of my eyes the best I could and pulled my jeans back on. The knocking repeated even louder. I then saw Steven's grin peeking in a window then he tried to hide behind the wall out there. I knew he was planning some suprise so I cautiously walked to the door. I opened it to see Lacey and Abbey! I couldn't believe it! Where did they come from? What were they doing here? Did they come for me? Steven knew about it? They came on the same day that we were showing our house! I was so suprised and excited.

I don't know how much I actually blog about Lacey but I talk about her all the time. I had been calling her lots this past week about trying to take certain pictures that I just wasn't happy with. I must have said at least 20 times "if only Lacey were here."
-Best present ever.

For my birthday present, Steven asked Lacey to come 2 months ago. He wanted her to arive on my actual birthday. He flew her in and didn't leave any hints around. He totally lied about the realtor comming - he just wanted to finnish our house projects before she came. He had been getting up at 5:30am to get to work then he'd come home after 7pm and would go right to work texturing the walls etc 'til he crashed. He has been such a good worker - like always. I forgive him for the big fat stressful lie.

So we've been having a lot of fun. Lacey's present to me is to do a family photo shoot. My mom cooked me a delicious meal (ruben casserole, corn on the cob, chicken pasta good stuff, and strawbetty shortcake) then babysat Abbey so we could go take beach pictures.

I also had friends come over and bring me cake and blue bell ice cream on my birthday after I started feeling a tiny better b/c I finally ate something and took tylenol.

To see what I've been up to, check out Lacey's blog. She's been so busy when I've been napping (I'm still not all better and am still tired from being pregnant).

Happy Birthday to Me!

2 comments:

Daisy said...

were is your friend who takes pictures! These are great! I need a talented friend too!

Tiffany Feger said...

It's my cousin, Lacey. She lives in the Tulsa area back in Oklahoma. When you visit your parents you should email me and I'll have her do a photoshoot for you in Broken Arrow!!! You can get one of you and your "little man" that you want! She's amazing.