Monday, July 9, 2007

Navoo Temple

Dylan likes to fold his hands like this when it's time to pray. It's so sweet. Dylan is pointing out and signing "airplane"


I posted a couple of pictures from our family reunion. I dumped the 1st half of my pictures on my dad's computer so my camera would have room for more. I don't have those, so I'll post from the 2nd half of our trip.

On Sunday, some of us went to church. They have a separate meeting just for missionaries and visitors. Navoo is a church history landmark, so I bet they get overwhelmed with church members going to the regular family services each Sunday. The visitors service was only a sacrament meeting. It was a fast and testimony meeting that day, like it was world wide.
We were all dressed up so we took pictures in front of the way cool Navoo temple.

The history of this town is kind of sad. The members of the church left quickly the same year that they had finally finnished building the temple - 1846. They were not able to take their belingings and left so much behind. They had a TON of faith. The temple was destroyed.
Miraculously, the temple was rebuilt to be as close of a replica of the original as possible in 2002. At least 18 family members got to serve in the temple on Saturday. It was the 1st time I had been in a temple with my mom, Matt, Mart, Kat, and even JT. Now I've been in 3 temples.


No comments: