Monday, June 11, 2007

MMSM - Art

This week's MMSM is on the broad subject of "Art."
When I think of art, I think of my Grandpa Rebeck's watercolors. He even painted one just for me with my name on the boat and my last name on a sign! My mom only hung his artwork in her house. I also think of photography. Years ago my dad wanted me to get into it and got me a good 35mm camera. He wanted me to experiment with the different settings. If it had been digital or if film and batteries weren't so expensive, I probably would have pursued it more then. I didn't think I had any talent or time to work on it. I have always loved pictures though. Now that I have a constant subject - Dylan - I'm playing with it more. My cousin Lacey and her husband have mastered photography as an art:I have noticed that I appreciate art in any medium if I know history about it or the artist. Of course I like these pictures b/c I know the babies. I usually like music more when I see the artist(s) on the today show. I thought I'd be a Humanities major when I was at BYU. I still like museums and that's why Steven proposed to me at the Museum of Fine Arts. He put my ring in a display case in a jewlry exhibit. The story is way longer and more detailed than that - but I love art.

Today we were going to go to a playground, but this park was accross the street. I wasn't the only one of the 3 of us who would rather be surrounded by this beauty than go to a germy slide. I couldn't even get their attention b/c they were in awe of the fountain. I thought the picture was cute. It's when we first got there.
They had fun playing peek-a-boo
Beautiful
and they stopped to smell the flowers and feel the cool water Dylan was pointing out the beauty to his "date" who was intrigued - by him (j/k) aren't they so cute?! I love it when they "play nice."

2 comments:

shannon said...

i love your Grandpa's watercolor! it actually reminds me of some paintings of Anders Zorn, a Swedish guy
http://www.anderszorn.info/other.html
in the depiction of the water. i like the colors and how the water actually looks wet.

great photographs! the shots from behind are sometimes so cool! makes me wonder why i am always wanting to get a shot with everyone looking at the camera. :)

Tiffany Feger said...

My grandma wants to sell his prints, we just haven't gotten around to doing it.