Friday, June 22, 2007

7 weeks update


I've been feeling yucky - kinda sea sick and really tired. I have been really hungry and that kinda bothered me. I don't remember being this hungry this early in my last pregnancy. My tummy hurts and I'm STARVING when I'm hungry. I don't think I ate one saltine cracker last time, but I had Steven buy me some this time. I have to go to bed with a full tummy. I still don't sleep well b/c I'm already really uncomfortable - why?!?!? I wake up lots and I'm a heavy sleeper, so that's wierd. I have to get up and go to the bathroom every night - that's the same as last pregnancy. I think it gets your body ready for when you have to get up to feed the new baby when he/she arrives.
I also have had lots of dreams. Unfortunately I can't remember most of them when 8am comes, but last night I dreamed that I went to my first doctor's appointment (which I did today) and while I was filling out the paper work I spotted two long tables of food! It was like their patients brought in lots of good stuff for the holidays like patients do at my office. There were lots of individually wrapped gormet cheeses with gormet crackers. (Hickory Farms probably) There were fresh fruits individually wrapped. I especially remembered the grapes and strawberries. Then on the other table it was like artwork made out of mint and chocolate. (I had had an after-dinner chocolate mint the night before and wanted more than one, so that's why I was dreaming of a whole set up.) Anyway, those are the foods that appeal to me these days. I remembered that Corrie was waiting for me to hurry up at my doctor's appointment b/c she was watching the babies and that's when I realized I was dreaming b/c I didn't remember getting Dylan up or feeding him breakfast. I had to get up and to to that OB appointment and they didn't have any food for me:(

It wasn't much of an informative appointment. We couldn't hear the heart beat yet b/c I'm still too early in the pregnancy. We tried. I'm going back in 3 wks, so I'll get to hear it then.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I haven't gone to my first appointment yet! It's in a couple weeks... I'm exicited to try and hear the heartbeat also! It's funny that you are feeling a little worse with this pregnancy, because I'm feeling a lot better! Maybe I'm having a boy and you are having a girl? Anyway, congrats! Good luck with not feeling sick!

The McKays said...

I'm glad to see you posting again, and I'm so sorry you're not feeling well! :(

I'm cracking up about the dream, especially the part about the mint and chocolate artwork. That's hilarious.