Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"I'm just a girl who cain't say no . . .

. . . I'm in a terrible fix."

I'm from Oklahoma, so I've seen this play, "Oklahoma," a couple of times.  I can picture Chrissy belting this song out wondering why I don't know the words.  (I was home schooled but her school did the production each year.)  I keep singing this song to myself lately.  Not about the kissing boys back part, but I'm going to be the Pinellas County Dental Hygiene Association president again.  It's good, but I feel like I've been there, done that, will still stay involved, but there's just a LOT of late night emailing and presentation forming and meeting announcing and planning involved.  It's all easy, but is busy work.  I needed busy work when I volunteered last year.  Isaac wasn't a newborn any more, I wasn't the church young women organization's president any more, and was feeling the deep desire to serve.  This year I feel like I serve pleanty, and there are other areas where I could be of more use.  The truth is, if I weren't busy with PCDHA stuff, I'm sure I'd fill it with something else.  I was and am happy with that decision a year ago, but realize that
I'm just a girl who

                               cain't


                                           say


                                                            no. 

"I aint the type that can faint, how can I be what I aint?"

No comments: