Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fishy Face Photography - the logo!!!

Do you love it?! The logo IS the name. Julie is my step-sister, and is so creative. I'm kicking myself for not using her services more before. If we lived closer, I would have figured it out by now I'm sure. She did design my wedding invitations if you remember those. (I've seen many other wedding invites hers are still my favorite.)
Back to my awesome logo, I like the colors, the simplicity, how it is a fishy and a face, and they're underwater (the bubbles). It says it all! It's memorable, marketable, cute yet professional, and timeless. It translates to underwater and on land (b/c I do both). And I can't see myself getting sick of it b/c it's outdated. It's nothing like Julie's other work either, I mean it is b/c it's good, but I'm just saying that she really took what I had in mind and came up with it from scratch. She can fit to her clients.

On that note, and b/c I liked it so much I think that everybody needs a logo for branding purposes. My Pinellas County Dental Hygiene Association keeps developing new programs, and we're going to do websites for them, and therefore, I'm all but making the executive decision to use Julie for their logos. I've already plead my case and will bring it up to the rest of my board at the end of the month. I can't wait to show off whatever Julie comes up with for those if I can get approval. One is for our Head Start Caries Intervention Program, and the other is for our first ever Florida Oral Cancer Awareness 5K which will be this fall.

I also decided that my dental office needs a logo. I've actually brought it up before to Dr. Brayer, but we didn't go anywhere with it b/c I didn't think of Julie at that time. When I come up with ideas, sometimes I just go and do them, like with our office Christmas cards and teeth whitening promo (which is still going on - ask me if you want it!) So yesterday I told Dr. Brayer that she needs to use my logo lady, as I'm calling Julie. Dr. Brayer agreed (she's such a great boss) and she's going to use Julie!

Dr. Brayer did get a website years ago when we talked about it and I insisted on our photos being on there. I put mine up, then asked to take photos of the other providers. I'm big on making patients comfortable, and if they see my face on the website before meeting me, then when they see me, they will automatically feel a little more at ease. It's the same way w/ the photo of our street sign. If they see it on our website, then when they drive by it, they will feel more at home. It's like when i flip through my radio stations in the car, I'll stop on any familiar song for a little longer even if I dislike it b/c I recognize it. I learned back in my Humanities class that familiarity brings fondness. SO, that's another reason I'm really into branding. Do you have a website, business, association, or anything worth something?! Then use Julie. I also asked her to make something that I could put on my wall so i could remember the 10 commandments. she made 2 versions then put the one i picked in her etsy shop for me. Quick turn around time too! I asked another etsy seller if she could make one for me, and she said if she ever did, she would get back to me. Again, why didn't I think of Julie?!
(Sorry, no link to my photography website yet. I have some polishing up to do still, it'll be a while.)

7 comments:

Kat Gille said...

Yay for Julie! And way to go getting Dr. Brayer to agree to getting a logo! Maybe I need a logo for my business cards ... except I hardly ever use them ... But I really like what Julie came up with for you. :)

betsey said...

ADORABLE! I love seeing how this is all coming together! WE need to catch up, I miss you!

XOXOXOXO

Lindsay said...

Love it! Can't wait to use your services again!

julie babcock said...

Wow thanks!!! I have to tell you that David is the amazing illustrator who originated the face/fish/bubble combination. Can't take credit for that! I loved it when I first saw it and said we should go with it. We worked together tweaking it so it was just right for you then I added the typography so it would mesh with the icon. We work well as a team:)

Alicia said...

Yes, I agree, the logo is excellent! I'm not sure if you know but I do SEO (website promotion) for several websites. If your boss is interested in getting your website to rank high in search engines, let me know. Can I ask how much Julie's services cost?

Alicia said...

Thanks for the reply Tiffany!

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone
Do not miss your chance to get a free ipad. Visit http://bit.ly/cmmVr7