Monday, January 4, 2010

Ugly Christmas Sweater Party 2009

We were invited to an annual Ugly Christmas Sweaters Party. Since December is packed with reasons for babysitters, we opted to pay a babysitter for the event. My mom was out of town anyway. To keep her privacy, I'll just say that it was so convenient and lovely to be able to pay a girl to come to our house to play with the kids and to brush and floss their teeth and have them in bed when we got home. It was the kids' first time with a "real" babysitter. I took a picture. They were a little skeptical, but did fine. Last year I didn't go to the ugly Christmas sweater party, so I wore the sweater that Steven wore last year for free! Steven got another good one at the same thrift store from the year before. The turtle neck is connected to the sweat shirt! Barbie happened to be the proud owner of a perfect light up Christmas tree hat, which Steven wore since it coordinated. Dave had a DJ, tons of delicious catered food for dinner, and servers. We saw some old friends and danced and had fun for a while, but we left fairly early because time was literally money when you're paying a babysitter. It's funny being on the other side of the babysitting job. I still feel like (and am) a babysitter. If I had $, I'd for sure pay somebody to hang out with my kids, or to come over when the kids are napping so I could go for a jog or to the post office or something. Some day maybe. I LOVED babysitting when I was younger.

1 comment:

Kat Gille said...

I just want to say that it's absolutely amazing that you've had kids for almost 4 years and this is the first time you've gotten a babysitter other than Corrie or family. Take THAT you crazy person who commented way back when about how moms should stay at home with their kids all the time and not have even part-time jobs!