Tuesday, January 12, 2010

2010 Resolutions

I'm resolving to write a post about my resolutions.
One should be to be more organized. I'm pretty sure my list is in the car but it's way too cold to go out and check. So, I'll just say the thing I'm most excited about:

I'm starting my Fishy Face Photography business!

I figure if my little brother can start some big businesses, then why can't I. I should stop admiring others who are brave enough to quench their fear of failure who start their own businesses, and I should just do it! So by the time I'm 30, I want to feel like I've started something and although I won't profit this year at all, I'd like to actually make some $ for my services. (I love it and spend my time with photoshoots anyway!) It'll all go right back into equipment and props, and if I'm lucky, getting my hair highlighted. (Don't worry, I'll keep my [part-time] day job.)

I've been working on a new blog and portfolio website, but I'm not ready to give you a peak yet. It takes a lot of time. I love my logo and can't wait to get the usable copy of it so I can put it all over! My step-sister, Julie, and her husband, David, are amazing and have designed it for me. You can check out her Primary Bird etsy shop (button on my side bar to the right). She designed our wedding invitations, and I have still never found another one that I would have rathered. I LOVED our invitations. Anyway, I'm so ready to do the underground marketing that I always tell others to do. I'm really good at fitting friends with other friends, sort of like a business match maker. Maybe that's called a networker:) I have such a good group of friends. This is so exciting!

So, once it warms up a bit, if you want a chance to be in my portfolio, email me! I think that $30 is a fair price for a session anywhere you want and for as long as it takes to get some good shots. I figure I should charge something so you will not feel bad for asking me. I do want to dive into this! I'll edit the good ones and will give you the smallish digital files and/or 4x6 or 4x5 proofs. We can pick ones to blow up really humongous, or for wallets, or for Valentine's cards, or whatever later.

To completely change the subject from Fishy Face Photography, I do know some of my other resolutions. I'm also going to read the scriptures every day. I gave a talk/speech for our congregation last Sunday. You should have been there to hear it:) It was a self-motivating talk really. I passed out reading charts (or had them printed with the programs). You can find one at www.mormonshare.org. So ask me how I'm doing, k. I'm on a roll so far this year!

My next resolution for 2010 is to run a marathon with Steven. I'm supposed to be training, but my treadmill-owning friend is out of town (I miss you and your baby), and it's too cold to run, so I'll have to double time the training soon.

I'm also going to do at least one blog book - my deadline is by birthday.

I'm writing so you can hold me accountable to my goals. That's how I work. I need to be accountable to somebody else. I do things for many associations/friends/kids/etc, but my own goals get pushed back. I know deep down that I need to get organized so that I can in turn be more helpful to those associations and friends, so that's the plan.

3 comments:

Kat Gille said...

I like 'em. Very good goals. You've got a business goal, an exercise goal, and a spiritual goal--nice work! I just got home from work tonight and have to be back in 8 hours and 20 minutes, so I'm sorry I couldn't call you about your web site tonight. I should be able to after work tomorrow though. Exciting stuff!

Marcie said...

So exciting!! 2010 is going to be your year! I am doing the "one word" definition for this year instead of resolutions... we'll see how that goes :)

30$ is too cheap. Seriously. Unless you are doing that to be very comfortable with good friends it should be at least $50... or $80 I know that's what "the public" is willing to pay ;)

I can't wait for part 2 of our shoot!!! Seriously. I need some pictures to print and post so I can start promoting you!!!

Lindsay said...

I am BACK!

You can come over anytime to use the treadmill. I need to get my butt in shape.

Can't wait to see you!