Friday, July 31, 2009

no picture, so 1000 words.

I got some fabric in the mail today again, so I'm working on some things before I do the dishes and pack stuff for Dylan's 1st real dental appointment and the beach tomorrow, but I wanted to say something on my blog.
No time to go through pictures although I attempted my first photoshoot with my boys last night. (Pay a photographer, people, they're worth it. Isaac was so moody for me.) I deleted at least half of the pics, but it was fun none the less. You'll see soon enough.

Are you addicted to facebook or blogging? I'm not sure I'm addicted b/c I don't have an addictive personality. I'm too unorganized I think. There aren't many things that I do every day. I check my email every day, but only one of them consistently. I don't always check blogs and only log onto facebook if my email gives me a good reason. I certainly got a lot of facebook comments on my birthday, that was fun, and I'm keeping up with some facebook groups and events I started, mainly for my PCDHA. Anyway, if you're addicted to blogs, check out my cousin Lacey's if you haven't already. I'm in love with it. And if you travel to Oklahoma, book a session with her! She's amazing. I mean she used to be good and 2 years ago Steven flew her out here to do a family photo shoot for us. (He loves and knows me!) I didn't think she could improve this much. (I mean I thought she was good then, but she keeps impressing me even more and more!)
So put her on your daily reading list. No reason except for the fact that I want everybody to share my big smile when I see her new posts. She's amazing. She's inspirational. Her babies are so pretty (and I want to meet the newest little girl while she's still a baby.) So here's Lacey's photography blog so you can have the same almost addiction that I have:
http://www.blog.acherryontopphotography.com/
I want to tell the world! Maybe some day my blog will make your eyes as happy. It'll take years and years though.
I'm off to the sewing machine now!

2 comments:

Lacey McKay said...

Awwww, you are too sweet Tiff! I got a little choked up reading this. I think you might be my biggest fan! Whenever I have rough sessions, I need to call you for a confidence booster! On the blog, you are only seeing the end result of my work, but what you are not seeing is the behind-the-scenes stuff, like cranky kids, worn-out parents, huge mosquito bites, etc. You are seeing just the carefully selected, polished photos.

I do have moody kids come into my studio, but the trick is not to relax the kids, but to relax the parents! Kids always feed off of their parents' moods! And you are correct about hiring someone else to take your kids' pictures because they will often times behave better for someone that is not their parent. I don't pay other people to photograph my girls though. I just try to catch them in a good mood! I also use lots of candy as a bribe! Ha! And when I sense they are done with the shoot, I don't push them because I don't want them to have bad memories of me getting all stressed out over pictures. Instead of saying "look at the camera" or "say cheese" I usually try to distract them away rom the camera and photograph them doing something fun, like you did with your boys riding Prickley Pete! I still think those are the best pics you have ever taken! I also encourage silliness! If I can get the kid to make a goofy face, I will snap that, then snap the giggle they give right after because it will always be a genuine smile!

You are just starting out with your new camera, but I promise if you keep practicing, you will learn SO fast and you will be where I'm at before you know it! You definitely have an eye for photography and a passion for it as well! That's all you need to get started!

I really love the line you wrote about my blog making your eyes happy. I have never heard anything described that way before. I also love the title of the post. You are so very creative Tiffany! Oh, the things we could create together if you lived here or if I lived there!

Tiffany Feger said...

I checked my email before bed and saw your note. You must be working on things late too. If only I knew where my seam ripper was . . .
About photographing one's own kids. That's how I did swimming lessons. I thought my kids would be floating and rolling over at 6 mo like the kids I used to teach, but it's too hard to be the teacher and mom. Not worth it. Dylan was swimming soon enough.

I did push the photo shoot last night and feel really bad now b/c Isaac has a ton of ant bites and I didn't even know. He grabbed at one foot and I looked for ants and didn't see any. I saw the bites after work today, poor baby.

Every little tip you give me I eat right up. Steven asks Dylan to make silly faces and it gets both boys to smile. Why didn't I notice that?!

And after a while I shot in appeture priority last night. I was moving all over the place and couldn't keep up with the exposure. Thanks for that tip too.