Thursday, July 23, 2009

FHE at the Water Park

For Family Night, we went to Highland Family Aquatic Center's night rec. We used Martin's rec card and all got in for a low family price. Scott and Lindsay came too. Since it was my birthday eve, Martin made me a crown. It felt like I should go sit in the corner and write what I will not do 50 times, but Martin said it was a Harry Potter hat. I like it. I held Isaac in one hand and my camera in the other. I think everybody else was jealous of me:) Or they were too busy having fun to worry about pictures.
My family helped with the boys b/c dispite lifeguards, there needs to be at least 1:1 ratio of kids:adults and Steven had to work late.
Again, this green frog slide was a hit.
Isaac slides down AND around each time so he's usually backwards at the end.
Then they played in the warmer pool with my mom. Isaac says "two two." (He's a choo choo train.)
Dylan liked hanging out near the steps here but I had to remind him that there's a whole area for kids to play in b/c we have an even warmer pool with steps at our own house for free.


Back to the froggy.

Even I took a turn on it when Isaac started getting tired.

I didn't go on t his slide, this is my brother. I went on the swirly slide and it's fast, long, and fun! All the adults went on it. This was swirly enough for Dylan.
Martin took Dylan under the rope to go play basketball. Open your eyes, Martin!Again, Open your eyes, Martin:)
How does Lindsay look skinny and pregnant at the same time here?


My mom and Don got out early to get the home made strawberry short cake ready. And I mean home made. She made the pound cake, cut up and mixed the strawberries, and whipped the cream. Best birthday cake EVER!

4 comments:

Kat said...

I think it looks like a Dr. Seuss hat. :)

I think it's funny how much tanner Martin looks when he has a shirt on. :P He has a rec card? Does that mean he works at that pool? Does he have a job? What's he up to?

Looks like you guys had a blast at the pool. They have some serious slides there! Too bad Steven couldn't go too.

Lindsay said...

That was so much fun! Okay, Kat, let's not talk about tans!! I am BY FAR the whitest individual in Florida (and other states as well).

Tiffany..you are too kind. I feel like I am slowly starting to balloon! :)

That cake WAS amazing. I loved it and could go for some more right this minute!

Carter Connection said...

Too bad we had to miss it! That looks like a fun place- where exactly is it? We'll have to take Boo and Dane there another time. Happy Birthday!!

p.s. this is Katie logged into Brandon's account. :) i'm too lazy to switch it.

Tiffany Feger said...

Kat - Mart has a rec card so he can work out w/ JT before he works at SW. No job, just lots of going to the beach to work on erasing his farmer's tan. And some babysitting for me:)

Linds - me too! I LOVE strawberry short cake.

Katie - I guessed it was you:), and it's right by your new place Lindsay said. It's just off of Highland a little north of East Bay. We should go again, maybe earlier in the day??