Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fireworks on Madiera Beach July 4th 2009

Dylan came home from school with this hat singing "Yankee Doodle went to town," then he got on Prickly Pete and kept singing on his own pony. The hat actually lasted 'til the weekend, so I attempted to take a picture of him in it. We got a great parking spot b/c we got there pretty early! I was worried about parking, and that was one reason I didn't think I wanted to brave going to the beach for the fireworks. We walked to Bubba Gump Shrimp Company for dinner. The short walk was so hot, but was perfect for dining outside. Steven loves taking pictures of Dylan's silly faces. I really like this picture. It's so much better than the self portraits I was attempting of Isaac and myself.
Good parking space, good food, and fireworks to come - what a good holiday!
Dylan was the lucky one w/ his own boat!
We jumped in the pool at Noah and Malia's hotel for a bit before walking towards the water. We were in our swimsuits while they had showered and gotten in their cute patriotic outfits. We went the casual route this year. It's Darren's favorite holiday though. They go all out. Noah's sad in this picture. I don't know why though, he really liked all of the loudness. I don't remember him crying. He had a good nap and was so happy enjoying the shows.Dylan thought it was a bit loud, so he stayed in the bunker. Then somebody gave him a glow stick necklace and he was running around having the time of his life. He missed "Ree-uh" (Malia) b/c she went inside the hotel to watch from the windows.
Olivia, Dylan, and Noah liked it the most.
'til Dylan got burned from a stray spark on his back. I put his shirt on after that.
Poor Malia and Isaac. They weren't liking it.
Isaac peeked through his fingers and held tight to me and his water cup.
He eventually fell asleep while I held his ears.
Poor baby. I enjoyed sitting on my lawn chair consoling my baby watching the crazies on the beach blowing off their own fire works (including Steven and his friends.) We could also see other beaches' and cities' shows.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

FUN!!! Next year we will celebrate with you!!! That looks like a blast.