Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

 Steven got the day off from work at the last minute, yay! So we could all go to my grandma's for lunch, desert, talent, and presents!
 My mom got there early and hid a hula hoop in the back yard. That was her talent!
But Olivia and Ella did extra cool hula hoop tricks. 
We loved the beautiful weather and green grass!
 We sang some songs. Some people played the piano. I cut snow flakes. (You can see in front of Isaac.)
 If people didn't have a talent, we could tell a joke. I liked Ashlyn's joke:
Q: "How does Lady Gaga like her steak?"
A: "Raw raw. RAW RAW RAAAW"
 Dylan's piano lessons paid off. He knew a lot of Christmas songs, but chose to only play Jingle Bells.
 When we got home, the boys were a little tired.
  Dylan helped me make sugar cookies for Santa.
 Tyler knows how to turn off light switches.

 We read The Night Before Christmas and the Luke 2 story.

My Grandma Rebeck gave me this nativity. 
 Then after the kids were all nestled all snug in their beds, I could get to work. It was a late night, so late that before I went to bed, Santa had come!
 As a part of my gift to Steven, I cleaned the whole downstairs. I bought a table cloth and everything b/c I know how he liked one I had gotten for Thanksgiving one year.
Then I slept a tiny bit.

No comments: