Sunday, March 21, 2010

NC diet time

I made wilted spinach salad for dinner tonight b/c it was yummy at the Maccaroni Grill when I went with Laura a week ago.  I carmelized some chopped onions, added smushed garlic cloves, added the olive oil, rice vinegar and lime dressing I made, added some almond pieces then two big things of baby spinach and the rest of the dressing.  I wish I had only wilted a little more than half of the leaves b/c it didn't end up looking like much, but that's OK.  Everybody ate it all up!  (I added some sliced carrots too, but that's just random.)  We had delicious multi grain rolls with real butter too. 

I actually made a meal plan and went grocery shopping and everything.  (Usually Steven does all of the shopping, laundry, vaccuming, dusting, yard work, bills, etc etc.  Neither one of us is any good at meal planning, but we do eat some how.)  I hid our sugar cereals and am going to get my whole family on board this week.  Join us!

Eat no crap.  That's it!  N. C. If it's processed too much, wait a week to eat it.  If it's candy, hide it for a week.  If it's an apple, eat it even if you're not in the mood.  Eat organic if you can find it. 
Someone once said you should move closer to the farmer and further from the baker.  I liked that philosophy.  I bought a bunch of fruits, nuts, raisens, craisens, Zbars, etc.  We won't go hungry, we'll just stuff ourselves with more healthy things instead of the usual marshmallows for bribes and kraft cheese singles.