Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Our White Christmas

How lucky is Isaac. He got to wake up to a warm Christmas morning in his own home, then got to go on a fun adventure to end up with even more family and a real white Christmas!

I don't know how to pack light and knew my dad would be coming with his van. We were aloud 2 suitcases each, so why not? I packed all of the winter stuff we have. (That means all of our long sleeves and pants that we don't ever get to use.) Dylan was a big help and pushed his own suit case behind my dad. We first stopped at my cousins' house. They had a big snow man in their yard! Dylan stood by me because he just wanted to go home to his own bed. I don't think he understood that the airplane was a vehicle that transported us from one state to another. He just thought we were going up for a fun ride then when we were done, we'd go back home. He was sleepy and cold. He just wanted his Rays clothes. It didn't take long for him and Isaac to warm up to my cousin James. Dylan loved the robot and thought it was so funny. He said that James (who had the remote control for it) was NOT funny, but that the robot was. It was pretty funny. Isaac made himself at home finding chew toys etc. The airport guys handed me my stroller when I walked off of the plane, then they handed me the front wheels. Thanks guys. I was going to scrap it since I got it for free from my OB doc's wife and umbrella strollers only cost $10, but my dad assured me that we should take it with us. You can see it in that top picture. I was happy to have my baby sling! (I also used my Hooter Hider I made for Isaac. I highly recommend both for traveling!"

My dad and Uncle Bernard went to work with some bailing wire and voila, no need to run to Wal-mart for the way home! It's better than a regular umbrella stroller b/c it has a basket and it lays back. I use it at church for Isaac's morning nap on Sundays. So thanks Dad and Uncle Bernard!
On to our next Christmas adventure. My dad slipped and slided on Uncle Bernard's street. It brought back memories of living in Oklahoma. My dad didn't pass up many vacant snow-covered parking lots back then because they were prime sliding spots. He seems to have control over the sliding, but I still can't keep in my little squeals. Maybe I'm stupid for not worrying for my kids' safety, but it's still fun. Dylan requests "again, again" in this video. My dad was winding down on the slip 'n sliding here, but we were spinning and sliding in this mall parking lot. It's so much fun.Thanks for all your fun and help, Dad!
Then we went to Kat's cute condo before heading to Matt's to crash. What a busy day, I was exhausted from not sleeping much the night before. Oh yea, and traveling w/ two kids.

No comments: