Sunday, January 25, 2009

Lindsey and Jason's Utah Reception

Matt drove us to the amazing La Caille, where the reception was. It's so bright outside that he uses some random swimming goggles to see. I offered him my sunglasses and he said "nah, I'm good."
Then he accepted. He likes to make me laugh.The reception was in the early afternoon, which was such a good idea at this place. The restaurant wasn't open for dinner yet, and the tropical atrium was beautiful. The place was surrounded by snowy trees and mountains, so the natural light was so magical. Here's a father-daughter dance picture or two- so sweet.
The cake wasn't quite as sweet. I mean it was sweet, you know what I mean:)
Lindsey, Kat, and our grandma
I asked Dylan to smile for me. He was being pretty silly, making me laugh. He decided to strike some poses out of no where.
Who is this kid? He's mine - all mine, nose-picking-silly-poses and all!And the cardboard cut-out. Not quite as good as having the real "Uncle Martin The Hero"
Matt and Kat swing dancing. Look outside those windows at the snow-covered trees. I love it!
The Dads


Martin almost caught the garter!
We pretended that he did.
Matt made their slide show that's showing over Uncle Bruce and Aunt Carol's head. (Remember that snowboarding Echo bunny? He's not all play, he does work too.)
I like this picture. I'm so glad that I got to see so much family!
Isaac slept a lot of the reception, but woke up happy in this beautiful reception party.
The 5 Gille kids

We switched out of Kat's fun boots. Jolyn said we look so much like each other except for our hair. We don't really see it, you?
Lindsey said she always pictured an outfit like this one for her exit. Here're the 4 Beckman kids. Everybody got to go except for Martin-the cut-out missionary, Steven, and Julie's sick kids and selfless husband. We still didn't get a good family picture of all of us. Too much fun I guess!
I really like this bigger-than-life-sized nut cracker guy.
Off to Mexico for their warm honeymoon week!

*Again, I stole some of these from Stephen Beckman's facebook albums, thanks!

5 comments:

Kat Gille said...

SO cute, Tiff. And you covered all the important stuff from the reception. I nominate you for blogger stardom. :)

Lindsay said...

I think that you two look alike. FOr sure. Just slap on a black wig and you're practically twins!

Ben said...

Hey Tiffany! Kat gave me your blog address. I love all the pictures. The boys are so big and adorable! I can't believe how early Issac started walking. Sadie still isn't walking and she's older than him :)

Question: how do you make those adorable pages for the background on the computer screen? Kat said you email them out each month. I think that is such a cool tradition, I may have to steal the idea (if you don't mind). They were super cute.

Hope you are enjoying your new ward!

Amber Ayres said...

so fun! love the idea of a warm atrium with tropical flowers and glass walls to see all the snow outside! gorgeous! and the card board cut out toooo funny!

Alicia said...

That was Alicia who had left that message, not Ben :)