Thursday, November 27, 2008

Why my knees hurt to go down my stairs

It was one of my New Year's resolutions to run a 10K. In 1007. Then I got pregnant with Isaac and felt yucky and depressed and gave up for '07. I didn't make it a goal in 2008 because nobody I knew would want to run one with me and I doubted that I would actually do it alone.
Then I met Lindsay. She pretends to make curtains with me (we'll make hers some day I'm sure), is always in the mood for Cold Stone and/or Panera, and doesn't mind hanging out with me even though I come with kids. She actually likes my kids and Dylan gets so excited when he sees me with her. He says "Is Lindsay you friend, Mommy?" (Apparently all of my other friends are just moms of HIS friends, so they couldn't be my friends. His associations are pretty funny. Maybe I need to get out more.) Also, she has tried to go running with me a couple of times. (I've tried to go running by myself a couple of times too.) I have a lot of excuses: The latest one is that the Friendship trail is CLOSED! I bundled and loaded up Noah and Isaac and headed for the bridge to Tampa and after 1/4 mile, there's a chain link fence. So I ran in circles and had enough. The week before I fed and bundled the babies then realized I had forgotten the stroller. I ran the day before this Turkey trot with my boys. BUT we stopped to pick oranges and wild flowers and pine cones. Dylan stuck croquedema leaves in some to make turkeys for center pieces. We signed up for this 10K Turkey Trot and that was the first time we got to run together, but we really did it!





There were bands and people singing from the Bible along the way. There were so many people there. We talked the whole first half and took it pretty easy. Then Lindsay asked if she could zoom ahead w/o me. It was so much better than I had anticipated. A family was passing out life savers and ate one. I smiled the rest of the way. My neck and arches hurt for part but then I was fine. I only stopped to tie my shoe real quick but jogged the whole thing. I finished 7 min after Lindsay's long legs that have run a marathon before. We're going to run in the Bay to Bay together. I wonder if I'll train. I need people who will make me better b/c I know myself and I won't do things for myself. I'll do them for or with somebody else.

Anyway, I'm glad that I can finally check something off of my 2007 New Year's Resolution list. Yay for me!

3 comments:

The Stevens said...

That is so awesome. I need to start running again. I am proud of you. Good job! Maybe I'll do it next year???

Lindsay said...

Yeah for us! That was so much fun. My legs are a tiny sore still, but Im doing ok!! How was your Thanksgiving? Ours was fun, we hung out with the Nichols, ate a ton, and played some games! Of course I love hanging out with your boys! They are the cutest!!! I WILL make curtains...after Christmas or something!! :)

Amber Ayres said...

dude I always say you are a super mom, now this? a 10k? man Tif you are so inspiring! Your friend Lindsey seems cool, glad you're not too lonely with out me! :)