Wednesday, November 26, 2008

TIMBER!!!

This is the tree my dad just chopped down. You can see how big it is by the little girl in front. Did you see her? Now I'll zoom in. Did you notice my dad up there? Here he is.And this is my Uncle Bernard, my dad's brother. It's his tree so it looks like he helps. I bet my dad didn't even give him the option to do too much. My dad is a bit of a spaz and I'm sure his head was thinking a step ahead of him the whole time. I can only imagine, the ropes, the pulleys, the bow line knots (over under around and through). My dad loves being efficient, daring, hands-on, and helpful with a touch of danger (or stupidity maybe sometimes).
Like some moves-planning-chess players, I'm sure my dad saw this stage of the tree before his first cut. Uncle Bernard looks scared to interfere with the process and my dad looks like he's scared to loose focus by looking at the camera.I love this next picture. I'm not sure if this is one of my cousins climbing behind my dad. I don't think so.
Ta Da!!!

About 60% bow-saw and 40% chainsaw.

It took exactly 3 weeks according to the dates on the pictures. I'm not sure who took them, but thanks! My dad's a maniac. I think I remember him and Martin cutting a tree for home teaching then Martin got sling shot (sling shotted??) up in the air pretty high on accident. Martin was sitting down on a rope so the tree would fall a certain way. My dad let go of his rope and Martin didn't. My dad turned to look and didn't see his kid even though they had been right next to each other. My dad said that he looked all around and Martin was too high for him to even see him in the sky until he was back on his decent. He landed on the sand. SCARY! I don't think they told my mom. They were amazed nothing was broken then laughed the rest of the day. Martin's in Mexico now on his service mission.

No comments: