Friday, October 10, 2014

Not a full circle

I have a wonderful family. Matt and his girls are here. 
When an action or idea starts, sputters, then ends with an accomplished satisfication and a resolution and reason especially with a heindsight "aha moment" realization for the beginning, it is said to have come "full circle." 
My days are only the first 1/2 to 3/4 of the circle. Then another half-empty day starts. I would like to one day complete a to do list; put a stamp on my pile of started thank you notes; feel like I taught Tyler something; connect with my Isaac; figure out something that Julia likes; make my husband proud; really pay attention to one of Dylan's creations; or style my hair. But I just accidentally end my days sleeping perpendicular to my pillow with dirty teeth then wake up late feeling unacomplished. 
The sad part: I actually try. 

1 comment:

Kat said...

I think you accomplish lots and lots and lots. I think your kids are intelligent and friendly and well-adjusted, and it's because they have a mom who is intelligent and friendly and well-adjusted and who gives them opportunities to be creative and to learn and to experiment and to try new things. I think you have many, many talents and use them to benefit other people all the time. I think you are kind and thoughtful and good at remembering things about people and incredibly good at giving great gifts. I think you take on more things in a week than most people would even attempt in six weeks, and it's truly amazing how many things you can fit into a day. I was talking to Mom and Don when I was there in November and said something about you and what you were doing and that I wouldn't be able to do it, and Don said something along the lines of "That's Tiffany. She does so many things so well all at once--I don't know how she does it. Nobody else can!"

You are an inspiration to me in parenting, in Church service, in kindness and thoughtfulness, in making and maintaining friendships, in exercising, in magnifying talents, in seeking out learning, and in so many other ways. I know we're only 18 months apart--and I'm actually taller than you--but I have always and will always look up to you. You are who I go to for advice and a listening ear and fashion sense. You are the type of mom I strive to become. You are my sister and I love you.