Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My "Boo Boo"

Dear Tyler, 
You're 21 months old. I love your smushy tight tan thighs. I love that you love the pool, ask to go for a run, request your Grandma and Grandpa, can enunciate certain words so well and clink to baby talk for other words like "goose" for juice and "boo boo" for baby. 
You talk in complete sentences. You make sense. 
I decided to only nurse you when you wake up and although it was so sad the first bed time, you remembered the next nights and didn't fight it even though you did request "mock" (milk) when we went up to your rocking chair. You go in your bed awake and ask for "two ooh ooh" (or more monkeys.) You use the number 2 for counting. "2, 2, 2" is 1, 2, 3, for example. I would go down stairs telling you I didn't know if I would be able to find more monkeys but I would look. I went up after a couple of minutes and increased the time after each time but only did it for about 3 monkeys. That phase lasted 2-3 nights. Steven would sing nursery songs to him the next couple of nights. I did also. He has song requests of "rock" for "The Wise Man Built His House Upon A Rock" and "wock" for dog which is his code word for "How Much Is That Doggie In The Window." We sing other songs too. Now you insist on me taking you into your room with all of your paraphernalia but then before I even start singing, you call "Dad. Dad. DAD." He has to sing you songs. You even requested your big brothers before which embarrasses them. In the morning, you do come in to nurse. I bet that won't last long since there's not much there. You forgot you were aloud to nurse the 2nd morning but then remembered and were so happy. If we nap together I let you nurse when you wake up too since I'm always too groggy to wake up quickly to your mess-making skills. 


I was just clearing our underwater camera and had to post these and realized I had not blogged your monthly letter. I love you so much my little baby boy!
Love, Mommy

No comments: