Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pocket Time!

I started having Dylan hold my pocket in my jeans or scrubs when I had to hold Isaac's heavy car seat and I didn't have a free hand.  Of course little kids need to hold a big person's hand when crossing the street, but because evolution hasn't yet granted moms a new set of hands per new child, my pockets work.  I always think it's so cute and want to take a picture, but again - not enough hands.  So last weekend, when we went to the Saturday Morning Market, I snapped a photo of them holding onto Steven's pockets.  I love it.  Steven was pushing the stroller, which we mainly took to hold our jackets and potential purchases.  Isaac has gotten so tall in the last couple of months, or maybe he just started walking early b/c he couldn't reach my pockets for the longest time.  I still have to either hold Isaac, or push Isaac in a shopping cart, or look for my keys in my purse, and love it that I can trust my kids to hold onto me to be safe when I can't hold their hands myself.  All I have to say is "pocket time!" 
Oh, and the Saturday Morning Market is delicious!  It's not fair food, it's organic, or ethnic, or fresh squeezed, or fresh blended, and I wanted one of everything!  We settled on organic smoothies, kettle popcorn, bread pudding, and New Orleans Jumbalia, and Matsa [goodness].  That sure sounds like a huge lunch now that I type it out.  We haven't been since moving out of the area, but we'll be back soon!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

That is cute! I want to try out Saturday Morning Market. Have wanted to for some time.

Kat Gille said...

Aw. I wish I'd taken a picture of Dylan holding onto your pocket at some point. I have always thought that was a really good idea, and a cute one too!

And Isaac looks really tall for being two years younger than Dylan!

Holly said...

Very cute, Tiffany. I've always done the pocket thing too, it just makes sense. Love your pics/blog!

The Stevens said...

I've adopted the pocket thing recently as well and it does work out nicely. Okay, let me know when you go to the saturday morning market next and I'll meet you there! I miss it (and you guys of course).