Sunday, February 7, 2010

"I" is for Incredible Isaac

Look at that bed head!
Time to cover it with an Incredible birthday crown! 
Their birthday party is going to be a super hero party (as you already know), and the Incredibles are superheros, so why not make Isaac an Incredibles crown?! 
Dylan and Isaac got to eat "cupcakes" for breakfast.  They're really mini muffins that Steven bought for them.  Don't tell them though!

And after I took a picture of the crown, I let Isaac eat some of the marshmallows off of his crown. I had put them on there the night before with gingerbread house icing.  They're his favorite food right now, and the bit "I" is supposed to have a white dot in the middle.  I think it was the perfect crown for the little guy.
Then Isaac opened his present from us.  It's a Discovery Toys marble race track!  I used to love that thing when I was a kid back in Oklahoma.  I'd play with my sister and brother and we wouldn't let the rolling noise of the marbles stop.  I was waiting 'til Isaac was old enough to not worry as much about putting the marbles in his mouth.  He's finally ready!  My mom actually still has that same set at her house, and today, we combined the two!  There are a cople of new pieces, but both sets still fit together.  It says a lot for the company that my mom liked it enough to save it for all of these years, and that it's still as good as the new one!  That's a toy that lasts.  (Marcie sold me the set I got for the kids, so email me if you want to get a set for your own kids!) 

Then, sadly I had to go to work.  Luckily, the kids love going to Corrie's house.  Isaac still wore his crown most of the day.  Malia and Noah gave him his gifts!  He opened a Diego DVD which has been in our van ever since.  He loves that thing!  Corrie took pictures for me:) She also gave him a motorcycle b/c he's really been into those lately. 
And they took the marble race track to play with. 

I was able to leave for lunch, so I got the kids healthy happy meals:)  They may not be healthy, but at least I got to go hang out with him:) 
This is Isaac back at home, still with the crown on, still holding onto his motorcycle.  Still happy.  We had cupakes (real ones this time), then Steven took them to Chick-Fil-A so they could play in the play place.  It was kids' night, so they got balloons, got a Groundhog Day book read to them, and a guy did magic tricks for him. 
Happy Birthday to my little 2 year old!

No comments: