Thursday, May 14, 2015

Sick Julia

Poor baby girl. 
Doe texted that Julia woke up from her nap with a fever and didn't feel like herself. That was about 4:30. I still had a patient getting an exam who wanted me to clean his teeth. I rushed out of work but still didn't fet to her until 6 something. Doe and Michael had attempted to give her tylenol but since her dever had not changed, they assumed she had pushed too much back out so I should give her more. I was at church for my temple recommend interview right before 6:30. Julia puked as I turned into the church. I think she had gagged on some hair or something. She was breathing. Tyler said she was ok. I changed her burning little body. Steven pulled in with the other boys. They watched Julia while he went to volleybal and I talked to brother/president James. It was quick. By the time we were home and semi settled, I took her temp and gave her Tylenol. She was 103.6 degrees! After a          bit I put her to bed. A half hour later, she was awake. Same 103.6 fever. What?! I called the pediatrician and talked to the emergency answering service who said our pediatrician was on call. An All Children's Hospital nurse called and said that since she is already on antibiotics from her sick visit yesterday that we can just monitor her. Since she was sleeping, she is probably not in pain. Call if it goes up but give it another 24 hours. 
Oh yea, Isaac had a fever all day Mother's Day. Then Julia had a fever that night and some Monday. Tuesday she seemed ok until the evening.
I gave her Tylenol and she perked up. The next morning she was pulling at her ears and had a 102 fever again. Dr. Patronella said she had another double ear infection. She mentioned tubes in her ears perhaps. Julia lost weight too and was 18lbs exactly. 

Julia keeps waking then sleeping on us. 

Her fever went up a tenth. I gave her ibuprofen and the amoxicillin and put her in bed. 

No comments: