Monday, July 1, 2013

Festive for the Fourth

Our nursery lesson was on showing our love for our country. We stood and said the pledge, marched to patriotic Hymns like the Battle Hymn of the Republic, and waved our flags. We talked about our USA and how we are one nation under God. Some kids cried. Some pood then later peed heir underwear. Some dumped toys or played bumped cars. But they all liked the flags and I know their parents will continue the lesson this week:) Steven and I like our calling. 
Last night I got out some of our USA stuff to plan for today. 
We did the normal puzzle, other puzzles, and sang the states song. Then I had them color their maps each time they played a state in. That held their attention the longest. 
My friend came over and we decorated sugar cookie flags after some play dough. 




Then we read books and played a states game. 

It is nap time now. Quietness is calmness is beautiful. 

No comments: