Saturday, March 31, 2007

Honda Grand Prix

Right after I got home from my prophy day, my dad was at my house listening to General Conference with Steven on www.byu.tv/. They wanted to go to the Honda Grand Prix races inbetween sessions. Last year Dylan was way too little to go although we can hear the race cars from inside of our house.

Looking for a better place to watch the race
ear plugsWatching the tow truck.
We couldn't stay long b/c we had Dylan's cousin's 1st birthday party to go to. We didn't want to pay for tickets so we parked for free and walked up to the top of a public parking garage to see what we could see. We saw a closer parking garage so we walked in it. It had a perfect view. It was the St. Pete Yacht Club so not many other people had the guts to check out the view from there. We did - and we're glad we did!
Dylan didn't kept pulling out his ear plugs so we resorted to holding his ears. The event was a 1st for all of us. We even saw a wreck. One car bumped a green one a little and the green driver popped his steering wheel off, and left. A guy waved a yellow flag and the cars went more slowly while a tow truck picked up the green car and drove off with it. We watched another fast lap then had to go. You might notice that Dylan has 2 outfits on. I didn't plan on going to the race so I didn't have a specific outfit on him but when I saw the "vroom vroom vroom" outfit I had to take it. I changed him into it while we were waiting for the race to start. He also had a toy car to play with:)


No comments: