Saturday, March 24, 2007

Family Fun Morning

We had a busy week and were doing things day to day. This morning Steven and I woke up, looked at each other, and asked what we were going to do that day. We actually didn't have anything planned until this evening! That doesn't happen much so we decided to go downtown.
We started at the Saturday morning market where Dylan got his favorite food: an organic smoothie. It was supposed to be for me but I forgot to ask the guy to leave out the bananna - lucky Dylan!
We then went to check out the booths at the MS walk. There are always walks and runs and tons of events going on downtown. The walk was over so we went to the pier. We crammed in the photo booth and got the picture scroogie. The picture really isn't worth scanning in, so here's our self portrait. It's not much better.
The pier has a small little aquarium. We've taken Dylan there before. Since his pet fishie died, we figure we can just take him here. I was making fish faces and he gave me kisses. His kisses are so sweet. He leans in w/ a huge wide mouth and once he touches - he backs up and smiles.


Steven's dad used to take them to the pier when Steven was a kid. They used to feed the pelicans. The place was still there when Steven and I were dating. The pelicans are smelly, big, and flap their huge wings all over. Steven fed them and threw the fish right at my feet so the pelicans seemed to attack me. I was upset at the dirty trick but today wanted to do it again b/c I wanted to start a fun memory for Dylan and his daddy. I stayed further back this time and made Steven promise not to throw the fish at us, but Dylan loved it. He was laughing. He was brave and went over to get a closer look at the big ugly birds.

We were going to go to a museum but the boys needed naps. We all took a long nap then played inside. That's our Saturday morning! After our naps we got Dylan ready and took him to his Grandma Beckman's house for the night and we had a date night to our friend's birthday party.

1 comment:

The McKays said...

He looks so tiny in the pic where he's giving you a kiss! He looks like he could be a 4 or 5 month old!