Sunday, February 22, 2015

My babies

I'm reading the How to Win Friends and Influence People book and the first chapter has a poem as the Reader's Digest reprinted it. It is a father's admission, appology, and comment to do better. To appreciate his son, to stop pointing out every fault by judging him with the yardstick of a man, and to show more love. Every parent can use a good reminder like this. 
Today I spanked Tyler. I warned him that I would. Time Out had not given him the change of heart that I had desired. Poor baby cried himself to sleep. We were both tired. 
A photo Don took on a walk. 

I am starting a value experience for Young Women with my girls and the one for today is in Divine Nature. I am to pick a family member and strengthen our relationship after reading scriptures on the topic of charity and the Proclamation to the World on The Family. I choose Tyler. He us slow too obey yhe first time and I am slow to be patient the first time. 
Julia is a cuddly baby today because she has a cough and can not sleep because if it. Coughing and turning. I can not nap either. 
Tyler is my baby because he loves being called my baby boy. He is independent yet likes us to help with random things that he could do himself. He plays by himself. But he needs way more of my attention. He asked if I would play catch with him today when we were watching Dylan at the soccer clinic. I always want him to ask me things that he wants. Of course we played! Then later in our backyard he told me what his job is.
"I have to mow the lawn and fight bad guys and fix houses and get strong and practice how to do basketball and volleyball with a beach ball and collect rocks if dont want them in the grass. And cleaning up outside and pick flowers. Thats my job. And have a tall ladder to reach anything I want to if I want to do my best."
He just noticed Julia playing with his volleyball (beach ball) and said "hey!" Then he ran over to get his soccer ball and traded her. It worked beautifully. I like that he learns how to troubleshoot problems himself. He went in and got scissors so that he can actually mow the lawn.
In the car he said:
Do you remember when I was at the temple with Jesus? It was only little kids. Maybe Julia was there. I think you were still at home. That's when you said you wanted me to be your baby boy.-tyler 2/10/15

Isaac is my baby boy because he is quiet and cautious. AAAAnd he sat in the baby swing :)
Today he felt sick still after puking the day before. He cried when it was Time to get Dylan from school. He was getting his shoes on and getting ready to go, but he was teary-eyed was getting ready to get in the car. Sure enough, he puked again in the car. In The bowl we had for him. Then today, he did not want to walk to the car from the soccer field. (He was supposed to play but slept instead.) 
I asked if he wanted to wait there and then after I took the stroller loaded full of junk the car if he wanted me to come back and carry him to the car. He said yes and sat down right there in the grass. He is still as my sweet baby boy. 

Dylan got scared at dinner the other night. He was eating some red lobster cheddar Bay biscuits that I had made probably put too much garlic butter and seasonings on their scratchy tops. It irritated of his mouth, and he was worried. He went in the bathroom to rinse and to put some Periosciences gel on it. I think he must've looked in the mirror or felt with his finger because he came back and was scared. He was worried that there is now roughness. He had not noticed before that that is normal. He sort of started to cry. I took him into the bathroom so it was just the two of us. I had him look at the roof of my mouth after I looked in his with a dental mirror and told him that It is normal. There was not even a new redness. I told him he did not need to finish that roll because of the spices. He has always thought that spices even salt-and-pepper were too spicy. My baby boy. 

Sometimes I measure my kids by a ruler made for an adult. I do have high expectations of them for some things, but really they are just my little boys and baby girl. My babies.

No comments: