Sunday, May 10, 2015

Moms

"A child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame." Proverbs 29:15

My mom used to tell me that kids who were not making good decisions just needed a mommy. Or something like that. There were riots in the streets and a mom saw her son on the news and went to the scene and dragged him out of the mess. News cameras caught it. 

My mom would not stand for that either. And she taught us to honor her and our family name. We would not like to cause her heart ache. 

James Ross, before he sat with his kids and got stickered like a goid daddy, gave a Mother's Day talk and used that scripture. He told stories of how he and his cousins, when they all got together, had no brain! They came up with ideas like digging holes and using fire. I will need to keep close to my kids as they grow! 


No comments: