Thursday, September 18, 2008

What Dylan learned at school, and ramblings

Steven said it's probably worth the money we pay for preschool because Dylan learned something. What he learned was how to pull up his pants all by himself. I guess I have been babying him. It was easier for me to hold Isaac in one hand and pull up Dylan's undies and shorts with the other. Silly me.

I like that they teach him to hold up his shirt with his chin and pull up the front and back. Sometimes his undies are inside out or backwards. Here, his shorts are backwards. He will still come whining to me that "my shorts are falling off." He hates it when they touch the tops of his knees. Here, he's running up and down the isles at Home Depot with me while Daddy picks the best deal on a drill. His pants really were falling off. He still wears size 12-18 mo shorts. The 2T ones are too big. I'm worried he won't be that tall when he's older. You're supposed to double his height at 2-1/2 years old. He's 35-1/4" so that means he'll reach 70-1/2" (5' 9"), Not tall for a man. We'll see!


The other good news is that Dylan really is potty trained! Ever since that post about him asking to go potty, it clicked! He only had one accident. (In Panera, not the best place, but I was prepared.) Anyway, he sleeps in a diaper still. It's dry a lot of mornings, but I won't count on it. If he would get out of bed by himself, I would put undies on him. He asks, "Mom, I get up now?" in the mornings. I tell him that he does not have to ask permission, but he insists.


Isaac has now caught up with him in that they both wear size 4 diapers now. Isaac could wear size 3, but I don't think Dylan will finish his box, so why buy more? Isaac is the opposite about wanting to stay in his bed. If he wakes up in his bed, he freaks out. He has temper tantrums and really doesn't stop crying or calm down until I get him. He has me trained. He sleeps between (and on and into) me and Steven. It's not a restful sleep at all. He gets up every 1-3hrs still. Seriously, I might need Nanny 911. I just hate the thought of getting up out of bed all of those times/night when I can only half-wake up to feed Isaac and sleep/feed him. He is active but happy and quiet. If he were in his crib, I don't think I would sleep at all. I'm being lazy, I know. Steven's going to move the crib to the office so that his tantrums won't keep Dylan awake.


Did you see the post about him crawling? I tried to put it more in chronological order, so it was below some older posts. Anyway, he's crawling and pulling up on everything. He also stands up then lets go and holds that standing position for a good 3 seconds. It's like he's frustrated that his body won't just stay up. His legs are big enough, why don't they hold him up for long?! He wants to stand and use his hands to put things in his mouth, not to have to steady himself with them. I bet he'll be walking before he's 1 even though I'm not aiding in his cause. He is 7 months old and has 4 teeth now. He loves brushing them! I haven't gotten a good picture of him with a toothbrush although I have an 8x10 one of the day Dylan cut his first tooth hanging in my office at work. That was a much anticipated day for a dental hygienist-mom, and well documented, of course:)

Here's a picture for this long post.

No comments: